Our Camps and Training Weeks in Costa Rica
Welcome to RaceQuest Travel's "triathlete paradise"
We've been coming to Costa Rica for years to train, challenge ourselves, recover in an inspirational setting, and prepare both mentally and physically to race and tour the world with RaceQuest Travel. Our knowledge of this special country is deep.
Having experienced the open roads, the warm, clear waters, scenic trails, and the energy-giving atmosphere of Costa Rica, we have embraced this place as our training home for many weeks of the year.
You have the opportunity to book a training week or coached camp with us and learn why this location is a perfect fit. Join our group training camps featuring world class professional athletes and coaches, or book a training week (or two) that provides a nice mix of guidance and autonomy. Check out our Training Calendar now to choose the experience that best suits your needs.
Our home in Costa Rica is truly exceptional. The private villas, pristine beach, groomed trails, and brand new gym and club of Las Catalinas offers nothing but the best environment in which to train and recover.
Aside from this fantastic setting ideal for endurance athletes, there are many more reasons to train with us in Costa Rica.
WHY TRAIN HERE?
- Picture perfect training conditions. Year-round great weather, scenic routes, trails and plenty of sunshine
- Warm, clear waters. Out your doorstep, tucked away in a cove on the Pacific coast, the open water beckons
- Varied bike routes. With long stretches of open, nicely paved, low-traffic roads, you can flat-out time trial, OR test yourself on the climbs. Some of our riding is done on the IRONMAN Costa Rica 70.3 course. We provide maps and guides, plus a professional SAG, van that provides ice, water, nutrition, bike pump and of course safety.
- Variety of terrain. Long, flat roads coupled with challenging climbs...all rewarded with spectacular views. Costa Rica has it all.
- Great running. Beach runs plus miles of compacted dirt trails that include an ocean breeze await you. We also conduct run technique clinics, and our paved road group runs are staged often as an "out and back" to accommodate all paces and experience levels.
- Central and Mountain Time Zone (no jet lag when coming from North or South America).
- Two international airports, Liberia (LIR) and San Jose (SJO), both served by major airlines, including Southwest Airlines ($75 bike fee). We're just minutes from Liberia airport.
- Vibrant culture and friendly people. Experience true "Pura Vida" or "Pure Life" as Costa Rica is known as the happiest country on Earth.
- Culinary excellence. So much more than just coffee, Costa Rica offers fresh, healthy and delicious food. Staples include fresh-off-the-boat ceviche, grilled fish, tropical fruits, juices, organic ingredients, micro-brews, and talented Chefs to put it all together for us. And oh yes...that amazing coffee!
- Safety. Our training base is just minutes from CIMA, the area's brand new, advanced medical center. Cycling is a major form of transportation and a way of life in Costa Rica. The limited number of motorists on the roads are already quite accustomed to sharing them with you.
- The Ultimate Recovery Day. Don't miss this. You earned it! Enjoy our scenic drive over to Mount Arenal volcano, where we enjoy lunch high above Lake Arenal, followed by a therapeutic soak in the hot mineral springs of a 5-star resort. There's simply nothing else like this experience on Earth.
- It's FUN to be here! Activities for your "down time" abound in Costa Rica. Next door to Las Catalinas, you can take time off at the Diamante Eco-Adventure Park, ride a one-mile zip line 80 stories high above the canopy, looking out at the ocean. Enjoy stand up paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, snorkeling and complete the day with a majestic sunset.
- World-class accommodations at Las Catalinas. Spacious, luxurious "5-star" villas, plus access to a new Beach Club with multiple swimming pools, spa, gymnasium and more. This is one of the finest places you can call home anywhere. And the award-winning oceanfront architecture features a bit of Portofino, Italy on the Costa Rican coast!
- Training with top coaches and professional athletes. We offer an intimate setting in which you can learn from and train with the best. Each training camp features an outstanding "Coach in Residence" who adds so much to your triathlon experience. Small group sizes ensure a valuable experience.
- RaceQuest Travel services. We've got years of experience hosting endurance athletes and running training camps that help you improve your skills. Our concierge-style of service allows you to focus on your training while we take care of the rest.
- Guest Program for friends and family. Our training camps are inclusive! We've crafted a guest program that's just as rewarding as our training, providing your guests their choice of activities such as zip lining, SUP lessons, scuba diving lessons, massage sessions, yoga, catamaran cruising, mountain biking and more.
- LOADED with value. With all of the included professional coaching, 5-star accommodations, catered breakfast, Chef-catered dinners, transfers from the airport, and access to all Las Catalinas facilities, our coached training camps and autonomous training weeks provide tremendous value for your budget.
Every athlete can benefit from training and recovering in this incredible environment, no matter your level of endurance sports ability or experience. We extend a Pura Vida welcome to our home in Costa Rica, where we have created an ultimate training destination for athletes from around the world.