NEW! SwimRun Training Camp
February 5-10, 2019 plus Optional SwimRun Race
- 5-night SwimRun training camp and active vacation experience with ground transportation, catered daily breakfast and Chef-prepared dinners, professional coaching and support for group swim and run training sessions
- Add the SwimRun Race Day Package: Train at camp, then race the first SwimRun race at Las Catalinas on Sunday, Feb. 10. Depart Monday, Feb. 11
- Ideal Location: Guanacaste, Costa Rica in the beautiful community of Las Catalinas (Liberia LIR Airport); this is the "gold coast" Pacific side of Costa Rica with warm, clear waters in a protected cove
- Optimized Training for anyone considering or currently racing swim-run events or triathlons. We welcome all paces and skill levels; training sessions are based on time, not distance! The new SwimRun race event allows you to try out this hot new format.
- Expert SwimRun Coaching from Robert "Flanny" Flanigan, Director of Team Wattie Ink and experienced SwimRun competitor and race director
- Pricing: $1,595 per person (athlete or non-training guest) Race Day Add-On is $295 additional and includes race entry fee and one extra nights' stay
- Accommodations: Purchased separately after booking, priced as low as $75 per person, per night (5-night minimum)
- Awesome Activities: authentic Costa Rican culture, cuisine and experiences like zip-lining at Diamante Eco-Adventure Park
Training Specific to SwimRun
SwimRun training camp kicks off with a sunset Welcome Party at the beach, where you will meet your fellow athletes and our staff.
The next morning, we begin our training days with open water swimming, swim technique analysis and training in our lap pool, trail running and recovery. We'll also cover strategies unique to the popular new SwimRun racing format.
Make it a "Combo"
Consider booking our Triathlon Training Camp that begins on Feb. 12 and make it a full two weeks of incredible training in Costa Rica. We will accommodate ALL paces and experience levels.
Personalized, professional support
RaceQuest will be supporting your SwimRun training fully with pro SAG support, open water escorts, training equipment, nutrition and hydration, and more. We are committed to meeting your training and travel needs with exceptional service from a staff with years of experience in taking care of athletes and their families.
Limited availability with no more than 12 athletes ensures you'll have plenty of opportunity to consult with Coach Flanny, get answers to your questions and leave the training camp with actionable ways to further your development as an athlete.
Included in the SwimRun Training Camp:
- Round trip transfers from/to the airport (Liberia, Costa Rica - LIR)
- Daily catered full breakfast in our villa
- 5 nights of Chef-catered, multi-course dinners
- Sunset Welcome Party - Pura Vida!
- 4-1/2 days of professionally-coached training sessions with Coach Flanny
- Open water swimming with SUP safety escort
- Swim technique analysis and instruction in our 25-meter, 4-lane saltwater lap pool
- Access to private beach club, Technogym and Spa (Massage sessions and cryo-therapy available)
- Run training sessions on paths and groomed trails with spectacular ocean views
- Nutrition, hydration and snacks to support your training
- Limited to just 12 athletes
- Yoga For Triathletes session
- Transportation to excursions, shopping and local cultural experiences
- Guest Program, offering access to the private beach club, pools, gym and spa. Spa services and massage are available for a small additional fee. SUP, snorkeling, mountain bike use and yoga is also available to all guests.
- English and Spanish-fluent camp staff
- Daily housekeeping and laundry service
- Expert assistance booking additional nights in Costa Rica that may include Tamarindo, Mount Arenal volcano area, rain forest tours and zip-lining. "Add-a-night" at checkout and we'll plan a special day for you!
Pricing and Booking
Camp Dates: February 5-10, 2019
SwimRun Race Day is February 10
- Athlete Package or Guest Package: $1,595 per person, reserved with a $500 non-refundable deposit. The remaining balance is due December 31, 2018. See full terms and conditions below.
- Add-on for SwimRun race entry and one extra nights' accommodation is $295 per person (purchased at checkout)
- Accommodations are purchased separately. We will notify all camp attendees when accommodations are open for booking. We offer a variety of options, including shared rooms that start at just $75 per night. Every accommodation option here is absolutely 5-star!
- SwimRun race equipment kit can be purchased in advance and will be delivered to you at camp (paddles, buoy, etc.).
Take a tour of our athlete's training paradise! Situated on Guanacaste, Costa Rica's Gold Coast on the Pacific ocean, the warm and clear waters of Las Catalinas provide swimmers with Kona-like conditions while making activities such as SUP, snorkeling and trail running part of the fun of this prestigious location.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-855-872-8669 with any question prior to making your booking.
Cancellation Policy, Terms and Conditions
A non-refundable deposit of $500 per person is due at time of booking to reserve your spot at camp. This is payable by major credit card through our secure booking system. The remaining balance is collected on December 31, 2018. All camp registration fees and accommodations are non-refundable. We strongly recommend travel insurance against unplanned losses including your registration fee and housing. Please visit this page to see options from our travel insurance partner, World Nomads. All camp registrants will be notified regarding accommodation options and prices.