A Challenge Roth Celebration!
March 11-16, 2019
If you have ever raced Challenge Roth, have aspirations to race it someday, or you are simply looking for a fun and sun-filled triathlon training camp, then this special week is made for just you! We will gather at RaceQuest's triathlon training base, Las Catalinas in Costa Rica, where you will be treated like a VIP with supported swim, bike and run training sessions while learning everything you need to know to succeed at our favorite triathlon in the world, Challenge Roth!
We have some incredible surprises and special guests lined up for you!
In addition to the training, services and amenities you'll find at all of our 5-star triathlon training camps, we're sharing insider tips, strategies and in-depth knowledge about this truly amazing race. This week is open to ALL triathletes and race fans; all paces will be accommodated.
Every Athlete Receives Free Race Entry into Challenge Roth 2020!
Every athlete who registers and attends this camp in March will receive a complimentary individual race entry (reimbursement value up to $650 USD) into 2020 Challenge Roth if you pair it with one of our 5 or 7-night 2020 Challenge Roth race week tours.
Here at camp you will find a welcoming, non-intimidating atmosphere! This is a week to have your racing and training questions answered, dial in your bike fit with our certified bike fitter, practice new triathlon skills and just soak up a week of Challenge Roth-inspired fun, race stories and good times with like-minded people.
What Sets Our Triathlon Camps Apart?
Swim in Calm Waters
Our training home is located at Las Catalinas, a stunning community nestled on a protected cove of the Pacific. With our villa just steps from the water, you'll enjoy lots of open water swims with our safety-certified SUP escort nearby. The waters are warm and calm year round.
It's a Small Group
Our triathlon camps offer you the opportunity to have a high quality training experience, from your coaches, staff, and with other like-minded triathletes. With no more than 10-12 per session, our clients receive individual guidance and attention.
Awesome Bike Rides
There are training rides, and then there are training rides. Early morning rides in Costa Rica offer the opportunity to see more of this gorgeous country. Our "SAG" support van is with our group to provide hydration, snacks, ice and bike tools. Hop in if you need to take a break!
Culture and Cuisine
Why not combine triathlon training with the cultural immersion and friendly welcome you'll receive in Costa Rica? And the delicious meals, fresh juices, coffee, local craft beer, inspiring sunsets, and the "Pura Vida" laid back vibe are tough to beat!
Trail Miles & Big Views
More than 40km of soft and well-groomed trails at Las Catalinas provide every athlete and guest with a peaceful pathway for trail running, walking or hiking. There are miles and miles of mapped courses and markers for you. All of our run training is done based on time, not distance.
Our triathlon, mountain biking, running, cycling, swim-run, and fitness coaches are selected not only for their years of professional experience and results; all have a heart for helping you grow as an athlete, reach your goals and enjoy your time here!
Apply Today for the Challenge Roth Celebration Camp
Strictly limited to no more than 12 participants. Arrival is Monday, March 11, 2019 and Departure is Saturday, March 16 , 2019. Additional nights can be added for further exploration in Costa Rica, such as our day-trip to Mount Arenal volcano and Tabacon thermal mineral springs.
Athlete fee, per person: $2,295 plus accommodation
Guest fee, per person: $1,595 plus accommodation
A $500 deposit per person will hold your place at this event. After booking, a range of accommodations options at Las Catalinas will be presented to you to suit your needs. Accommodations are purchased separately from us, after you've registered for camp. All accommodations are 5-star, with a range of single and shared choices for every budget, from approximately $75 to $300 per night. Please read the full terms and conditions governing this event below.
You'll Love Our Triathlon Training Home, Las Catalinas in Costa Rica
All of our accommodations at Las Catalinas are truly 5-star. We offer a range of comfortable options for your room, with prices as low as $75 per person per night for shared rooms.
What's Included in the Challenge Roth Celebration Camp
- One individual race entry into Challenge Roth 2020 (via reimbursement, up to $650) per athlete
- Round trip airport transfers (Liberia, Costa Rica - LIR)
- Daily catered full brunch in our villa
- 5 nights of multi-course dinners
- Opening Night Party - Pura Vida! Du bist Willkommen!
- Gain insights from our Challenge Roth special guests
- 4-1/2 days of professionally guided training sessions
- Open water swimming with SUP escort
- Training in our 25-meter, 4-lane saltwater lap pool
- Access to beach club, Technogym equipment and Spa
- SAG support and safety vehicle escort for our bike rides
- Bike mechanic access and bike shop onsite, plus help building up or breaking down your bike
- Carbon road bike rental available for $300
- Challenge Roth in-depth race course notes, strategy sessions and training tips and Q&A from our special guest presenters
- Personalized bike fit assessment
- Run training sessions on paths and groomed trails with spectacular ocean views
- Small-group limited to a maximum of 12 athletes
- "Yoga for Triathletes" session
- Transportation to local excursions and cultural experiences: zip lining, surfing in Tamarindo, and more!
- Access to recovery therapies onsite including sports massage, cryotherapy
- Guest Program, offering access to the private beach club, pools, and gym. SUP, yoga classes, snorkeling, trail access and mountain bike use is also available and included. Every guest will also receive a massage therapy session. Other Spa services are available for a small additional fee.
- Daily housekeeping and laundry service
- Expert assistance booking additional nights in Costa Rica that may include Tamarindo, Mount Arenal volcano area, rain forest tours and zip-lining.
CAMP PROGRAM FEE
A $500 deposit per person toward your registration fee is due at time of booking to reserve your spot. Final balance is due and will be collected December 31, 2018. Any notice of cancellation for any reason must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to December 31, 2018 to be eligible for full refund of your program fee ($1,595 per guest, or $2,295 per athlete, less a $500 cancellation fee), NO EXCEPTIONS.
RACE ENTRY PROCESS
To receive free individual race entry for 2020 Challenge Roth, you must book one of our Challenge Roth race entry tours, 5-night or 7-night. Race entry fee is paid by the athlete upfront to enter the race, and reimbursement of race entry fee (up to $650) occurs after camp attendance in March 2019.
Accommodations fees are booked separately and are non-refundable. If you decide you must cancel your camp on or after December 31, 2018, no refunds will be made, as we are within the final days leading up to the camp and all camp vendors, suppliers, and materials will already have been contracted and purchased to prepare for your arrival in Costa Rica. For this reason, we strongly recommend travel insurance against unplanned losses including your registration fee for late cancellation. If you must cancel your camp, your 2020 Challenge Roth Tours race entry and race tour cancellation policies remain in place. Challenge Roth race entry cancellation is governed by the race office policies and rules. The Challenge Roth Tours cancellation policies apply separately to your race tour.
If for any reason RaceQuest must cancel this camp experience, all monies paid toward the camp will be refunded to you.
To obtain a travel insurance estimate from our partner, World Nomads, CLICK HERE.
Bring Your Team to Costa Rica!
We invite coaches, clubs, teams and even corporate groups to join us for a training week itinerary customized for your needs. Give us a call at 1-855-872-8669 or visit this page to learn more about what we can include in your active getaway to Costa Rica.