IRONMAN New Zealand
February 26 - March 4, 2019 Race Entry Tour NOW BOOKING!
2019 Race Entry + 6-Night Tour
Race entry travel packages and guest tours for IRONMAN New Zealand are available now!
This comprehensive 7-day, 6-night itinerary includes round-trip airport transfers from Auckland, transport to Taupo (race site) by private coach, 4-star accommodations with kitchenettes only 1.4 km from the race, complete race course orientations (swim, bike, run), ground transportation during your stay and a post-race team breakfast.
What's it like?
IRONMAN New Zealand in Taupo presents one of the most scenic race venues in the world, attracting a field comprised of 50% international athletes. You'll swim in a large freshwater lake, take on the bike course through an unspoiled forest, and feel the enthusiasm and support of the crowd in the run. One of the oldest and most beloved races on the IRONMAN circuit, this is certainly a "bucket list" race for every long-course triathlete.
- Access to purchase race entry if you need one, at a price of $650 (this entry fee is in addition to the tour price; NO Active.com fee is applied)
- Upon arrival into Auckland airport on Tuesday, February 27, relax and recover from your flight with one night at the 4-star Novotel Auckland Airport hotel
- Transfer by private coach to Lake Taupo (approximately 4 hour drive) on Wed., February 28
- 5 Nights of 4-star boutique hotel accommodation with kitchenettes (1.4 km from the race)
- All Studio accommodations (see per person prices below for Single or Double Occupancy)
- Tours of the race course: swim, bike and run
- Light training sessions
- Q&A session with professional triathletes
- Transportation to purchase your groceries and supplies
- Transfers to all official race activities
- Visit to Huka Falls the day after the race
- Post-race group breakfast
- Gift bag for each athlete loaded with "swag"
- Return transfer to Auckland Airport on Monday, March 5 for flights home or further travels (Please ensure your flight departs AFTER 4:00 p.m. local time)
INCLUDED: Novotel Auckland Airport (the night of arrival)
- 4-star accommodation
- WiFi, 24/7 Dining and drinks
- Soundproof windows; iPod dock
- Available for Single Occupancy or Double Occupancy tours
INCLUDED: Lake Taupo Accommodations (5 nights)
- 4-star accommodation; outstanding boutique hotel
- Studio with one larger bed or two twin beds
- Kitchenettes included
- Restaurants across the street such as The Brantry and Dixie Browns
- 1.4 km to the race site
- Daily housekeeping service
- Deep spa baths in most rooms + shower
- Internet cafe
- Laundry service
- Views of Lake Taupo
- Bike clean up and storage area
- WiFi, air conditioning, flatscreen TV and free SKY-TV
Pricing and Booking Process
If you've already secured entry into 2018 IRONMAN New Zealand, we welcome you to join our 7-day, 6-night tour. Those athletes needing a race entry may purchase one from us for $650, available as an "Add-On" at checkout. All standard IRONMAN race entry rules apply. Prices below are in addition to the race entry fee.
CHOOSE YOUR PREFERRED ACCOMMODATION at checkout
Studio Single or Studio Double Occupancy / Twin Share
Twin Share or Double Occupancy Price: $1,695 per person
Single Occupancy Price: $2,195
Race Entry (additional): $650
Training Plans for IRONMAN New Zealand
We offer proven training plans available at checkout that are written exclusively for the IRONMAN New Zealand course for RaceQuest Travel athletes. Available in 16-week or 20-week options and adapted for every level of iron-distance experience, our Intermediate and Advanced training plans will ensure you arrive in New Zealand perfectly tuned to take on the course! Our plans are created by our IRONMAN New Zealand race week Coach and Guide, Jessica Jacobs. Maximum commitment during your peak training volume build up is 16-18 hours per week for the advanced athlete and 14-16 hours for intermediate athletes. Personal coaching, phone or Skype sessions, are also available; please inquire at email@example.com.
Payment, Deposit and Cancellation Policy
We require a 50% deposit for your tour at checkout. The balance will be collected on the credit card you provide at checkout on December 1, 2018. If you must cancel for any reason, you must notify RaceQuest Travel in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your need to cancel. If we are notified prior to December 1, 2018, we can provide you with a refund, less a $500 cancellation fee for this tour. Please read all IRONMAN New Zealand race entry policies and rules, as we are not responsible for race entry refunds or terms and conditions held by the race office. Travel insurance is strongly recommended. Any request for refund or cancellation on or after December 1, 2018 is not eligible for refund from RaceQuest Travel.